Here, we’ve got one of our latest e-commerce webpage designs, an online store for cosmetics, perfume and makeup. Developed in CMS WordPress and WooCommerce, it contains a simple and intuitive admin panel so that our clients can easily manage their products, orders and customers. We can also develop and synchronize a mobile application for Android and iOS.
Visit the store: https://www.cosmeticaperfumes.com/
We begin with the header image, using one of the latest trends in web design, a floating menu and a large background image with a dark filter to highlight the menu and text in the main banner:
Current trends in e-commerce store design
Below, we’ll discuss the key points that your website should have, some of the latest trends being used in e-commerce systems for online stores.
- Websites with SSL certificates: These days, one of the key points that we consider essential for an online store with a shopping cart is that, when managing the payments, the customer’s information is encrypted by your online store’s SSL certificate. For years now, Google has rewarded websites with SSL certificates, and customers are paying more and more attention to that famous green lock before making a purchase, a safe practice when it comes to online shopping.
- Responsive system: Another of the main factors for Google when positioning an online store, and one that is heavily weighted in Google’s algorithm. With it, your website will adjust all content to the medium screens used on tablets and the small screens of smartphones, with the full menu becoming a “hamburger” menu.
- Payment systems: We build one of the most powerful payment systems, compatible with practically any payment method. In this case, credit cards, bank transfer, and PayPal. Managed through an easy-to-use control panel.
- Self-manageable control panel: The client can manage their website without any technical knowledge.
Why create your own system for your online store?
One of the main problems we encounter are web building platforms that offer to create your online store at a very low monthly cost. We do not recommend using this type of system because they will always cause problems for you in the long term. Despite the aggressive marketing they do regarding the price, it works out to be more expensive in the end. Let’s look at an example and see some of the weaknesses of these systems:
- Low monthly price, for example, €45.95/month. This seems like a low price, but once everything is set up, you will see that there are tons of restrictions on it. Plus, in the long run, it works out to be much more expensive than your own one-time payment system:
- Monthly payment: €45.95. Per year, that’s €551.4, in five years that’s €2757, in ten years it’s €5514… In the end, it isn’t so cheap after all, especially if it is a project that you want to work with long-term. I don’t know of any project created to work for just a few months.
- Ownership of your store. Because it is a monthly payment, the online store will never be yours. It belongs to the company that is renting it to you, meaning you will always be subject to their conditions and won’t be able to transfer it or grow with your project.
- They limit the number of products, orders and customers you can have, increasing your monthly rate if you want to increase these limits.
Your own e-commerce system:
We work with our own systems. Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- One-time payment. You won’t have to pay monthly fees, and you won’t have to worry about what to do if your store starts to grow.
- No limitations. Because it is your own system, you won’t have a limit on the number of orders, customers, products, etc.
- The design will always be 100% yours, and as the owner, you will have all the passwords to make changes to the design, the server, the website maintenance company, or whatever you need, anytime you want.
As you see, it’s very important to know what you’re buying. Stay away from aggressive sales tactics and compare professional web design companies yourself.
If you need help creating your online store, please contact our team of experts, who will assist you through the whole process: https://v3.paginawebmedia.com/en/contact/